A Gottman workshop grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable!
Facilitated by Certified Gottman Therapist: Shirlene Elledge LCSW with 30 years experience working with couples.
94% of couples who attend report positive results.
- Identify relationship strengths and how to build on them.
- Learn small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship.
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your marital intimacy.
- Create an emotional bank account you can draw on in times of stress.
- Develop your problem-solving skills.
- Use the fondness and admiration system to renew respect and care for one another.
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage.
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution.
Dr. John Gottman has learned what really makes marriages work by studying and following over 3,000 couples in four decades of research. This experiential workshop will teach you exactly what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their marriages.
Couples Learn How to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the successes in your relationship
Who Should Attend:
- Those with a strong relationship will leave with insights and tools to foster further friendship, closeness, and trust.
- Those with a distressed relationship will leave with a greater understanding of their relationship and a road map for repair.
- There is no public disclosure in this workshop. All experiential exercises are contained within the couple relationship.
- Day/Time Friday, May 15, 8:30 am – 5 pm
- Saturday, May 16, 8:30 am – 5 pm
- Location: Staybridge Suites Midvale
- $695 per couple – Early-bird rate Ends May 1, 2020
- Armed Forces: $695 per couple. Registration ends May 1, 2020. It is an honor to support the military and their families. All active-duty military and veterans are eligible for the discounted rate to attend The Art and Science of Love workshop. You must show active military identification on the first day of the workshop.
- Active Mental Health Professional: $695 per couple. 14 CE’s available. Learn the skills to use with your couples. You must show active mental health license on the first day of the workshop and include license number on registration. Discount ends May 1, 2020
- Early Bird Registration Ends 2 weeks prior to the workshop. After May 1, 2020 registration is $750 per couple
- One discount per couple.
Register today to strengthen your relationship!
Please note: Cancellation 30 days prior to the workshop will receive a refund minus $60 processing fee or option to transfer once to another workshop within one year. Once registration and payment are received you will be contacted to complete your registration process.
May 15 & 16, 2020
The Gottman workshop training includes a couple’s Art and Science of Love Box Set which includes 2 workbooks and your workshop materials.