Shirlene Elledge has worked with Step and Blended families for over 24 years. She is trained and certified in Step-family dynamics and has personal experience as a step-mom. Shirlene offers support for step and blended families in a variety of options:
Private one on one coaching and/or counseling
Step family dynamics workshop for parents
Have you experienced these feelings?
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Resentful of step children
- Feeling rejected, ignored, hurt, disrespected, unappreciated
- Your spouse over-protects their own children
- Experiencing divided loyalties
- Success of the family lies on your shoulders
- Desire to run away
- Hopeless, helpless, discouraged and alone
- Longing for things to be better
Elements of Excellence for Step Families is a friendly, confidential setting with flexibility within the outline to address your personal concerns.
- Gain understanding of how a step family is different
- Gain understanding of reasonable expectations
- Learn how to avoid the most common mistakes
- Learn how to deal with a difficult child who refuses to adjust to the new family
- Learn the most effective ways to handle discipline in the family
- Work together as a couple
- Learn how to address money issues
|The information is based on over 20 years of research. Taught by a fully trained professional who also has 24 years experience as a step parent. Learn from someone who has been there!|
If the family doesn’t accomplish certain stages and tasks it will never bond. Learn what you can do. Virtually every step family needs help of some kind …only 1% seek help. The only sick family is the one who needs help and doesn’t get it.Create the kind of family that feels good to be a part of.
A one-day class, lunch on your own. Begins at 9:00 AM, ends at 5:00 PM